There are so many amazing things to see and do on the Gold Coast. Yes, there is plenty of public buses to jump on to get to the theme parks, and the light rail (tram) is great for getting around between Southport and Broadbeach, but a hire car will always give you a lot more freedom than having to plan your day around public transport times and squishing onto to bus home from Movie World with the kids. So we’ve thrown together some pretty convincing reasons why you should hire a rental on on the Gold Coast.
- Have the freedom to travel freely around the Gold Coast on your own schedule
- You wont have to worry about fitting in with bus schedules or the weather
- Pop straight down to your car, hop in, and you’re off, just like that
- You wont have to worry about lugging around bags, esky’s or the kids push chair on public transport
- Easily pack the car for a picnic at Currumbin Rock Pools or the beach
- A decent car rental company will also have child car seats available for hire
- Drive out to one of the many beautiful rain forest walks of the Gold Coast Hinterland
- Have the freedom to do a day or over night trip to surrounding locations, like Byron Bay, Brisbane, Moreton Bay or the Sunshine Coast
- You wont have to put up with tired and cranky toddlers on a bus or tram
- You wont have to drag all your bags home on the bus after a day of shopping at Pacific Fair or Harbour Town.
To get the best available rates, it’s suggested to pre-book your preferred vehicle ahead of time as summers and school holidays on the Gold Coast get very busy. Most of our local car rental agencies will have vehicles ready to be picked up from the airport or will arrange to drop the car off to your location at your convenience.
We have used and recommend All Coast Tarago Hire for competitively priced hire car or Tarago 7 or 8 Seater on the Gold Coast with Airport pickups.